My passion is to help others in the community, young, old, and everyone in between, find relevance and joy in learning, performing or listening to classical music.

Monday, October 11, 2010

A few more words about Winterreise

As I have been working on this Winterreise project I have come across so many wonderful videos, recordings, and webpages. Since I didn't find a place for all of them in my previous blog posts I thought now would be a good time to share some of them with you.

Here are some interesting webpages with a brief description of each:


I also spent a lot of time on youtube and on my channel I have put together several playlists that I thought might be helpful or interesting.


Here are some videos that I find interesting or funny as well. First are clips from two dance interpretations:







And in spite of youtube's title being incorrect, here is an interesting interpretation of the final song, "Der Leiermann (The Organ-grinder):



The following one is especially in honor of my father, who played the guitar while I was growing up:



Last but not least, here are two hilarious videos created by a group called "The Three Pianos."





With all this said, I want to re-invite everyone to our performance of this incredible song-cycle this coming Friday evening.

Friday, October 15, at 8pm
Recital Salon in the Squire's Student Center
Campus of Virginia Tech
Blacksburg, VA

We'd love to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment